Specialist, Entrepreneurship (SK Startup Institute)
SREDA is seeking a highly motivated individual to assume the role of Specialist, Entrepreneurship. Under the direction of the Manager, Client Services, this individual will assist in delivering services to entrepreneurs who require support through SREDA’s entrepreneurship program, SK Startup Institute.
The Specialist, Entrepreneurship is responsible for the following:
- Assist entrepreneurs in their search for programs, services, funding and regulations throughout all stages of business from ideation all the way to growth and succession
- Provide market research support by gathering relevant information from various databases
- Inspire and educate entrepreneurs through online and in-person presentations
- Contribute to monthly and quarterly reporting in addition to daily client interaction data entry and records maintenance
- Understand and keep up-to-date with the latest business trends (regional, national and global), regulations (municipal, provincial and federal) and local ecosystem needs
- Represent SK Startup Institute in the business community to promote entrepreneurship in Saskatchewan
- Travel throughout Saskatchewan required on an as-needed basis
- Assist in special projects and other activities where needed within the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field, or an equivalent combination of training/experience in small business and/or entrepreneurship
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a frontline customer service role
- Experience working in the entrepreneurship ecosystem an asset
- Must have an entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to see innovative solutions and create epiconic work
- Basic understanding of the entrepreneurial eco-system in Saskatchewan
- Ability and desire to learn quickly (business regulations and processes, software, databases)
- Enthusiastic and vibrant personality with strong communication skills
- French language skills an asset
- Experience using WordPress and Microsoft Office, including HubSpot, an asset
To apply for this position:
Interested candidates should submit their application in confidence to Terra Penner, email@example.com.
Applications must be received no later than September 30, 2022. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
What We Do
SREDA offers a range of programs to help attract and grow business in Saskatoon.
The latest news and updates on SREDA, the Saskatoon Region, economic development projects, events and more.