Location: Saskatoon and area
About the Position
SREDA is seeking a highly motivated individual to assume the role of Specialist, Entrepreneurship. Under the direction of the Manager, Entrepreneurship, this individual will assist in delivering services to entrepreneurs who require support through SREDA’s entrepreneurship program, Square One. This includes acting as the initial point of contact for entrepreneurs and small business owners, as well as providing administrative support to SREDA’s entrepreneurship team.
The Specialist, Entrepreneurship will be responsible for the following:
- Be the first point of contact for incoming entrepreneurs and determine client’s reason for inquiry via multiple channels (i.e. email, phone, online, in-person)
- Deliver basic business information and advice with proficiency, accuracy and respect
- Provide market research support by gathering relevant information from various databases
- Perform administrative tasks, including website maintenance, social media updates and event planning assistance
- Complete daily client interaction data entry and records maintenance
- Understand and keep up-to-date with the latest business trends (regional, national and global), regulations (municipal, provincial and federal) and local ecosystem needs
- Represent SREDA in the business community to promote entrepreneurship in Saskatchewan
- Assist in special projects and other activities where needed within the organization
Qualifications and Skills
- Enthusiastic and vibrant personality with strong communication skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to see innovative solutions and create epiconic work
- Ability and desire to learn quickly (software, databases, business regulations)
- Basic understanding of the entrepreneurial eco-system in Saskatchewan
- Exhibit a high degree of initiative and agility, and thrive in a dynamic environment
- French language skills an asset
- Experience using WordPress and Microsoft Office, including Dynamics 365, an asset
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field, or an equivalent combination of training/experience in small business and/or entrepreneurship
- Previous experience in a frontline customer service role
- Experience working in the entrepreneurship ecosystem an asset
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their application to: email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed upon submission and qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Applications must be received no later than May 3, 2021.
What We Do
SREDA offers a range of programs to help attract and grow business in Saskatoon.
The latest news and updates on SREDA, the Saskatoon Region, economic development projects, events and more.