MANAGER, INDIGENOUS ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
Founded in 1992, the Saskatoon Regional Economic Development Authority (SREDA) works with the City of Saskatoon, Regional Municipalities, and over 100 private sector members to strengthen and grow the Saskatoon Region economy.
SREDA’s role is to assist entrepreneurs starting and expanding their businesses, develop Indigenous economic reconciliation strategies, support the rebound and growth of local businesses and coordinate effective collaboration to encourage growth across the Saskatoon Region.
SREDA’s vision is to be the foremost and inspirational contributor to a growing economy where all people thrive. Over the past six years SREDA has won multiple awards in recognition of its achievements. SREDA has a strong leadership team and an experienced Board comprised of political and business leaders from the Saskatoon Region. This is your opportunity to join this exceptional team and further develop your career in a growing and dynamic organization.
About the Position
SREDA is seeking a highly motivated, creative and culturally grounded individual to assume the role of Manager, Indigenous Economic Development. Under the direction of the Director, Business Development, this individual will work with the SREDA team, SREDA Indigenous Committee and local partners to create and deliver programing to support Indigenous economic development in the Saskatoon Region.
Manager, Indigenous Economic Development will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the development and execution of trailblazing programming to support Indigenous economic growth
- Cultivating and growing meaningful relationships with industry, communities and organizations to facilitate Indigenous economic development initiatives
- Developing strategies to assist local businesses and organizations address the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada’s calls to action, primarily focused on business and economic development
- Representing SREDA on Reconciliation committees within the Saskatoon Region
- Developing and/or facilitating Indigenous training opportunities for SREDA members, partners, staff and board
- Assisting in the development of a strong regional mentoring program for future Indigenous leaders
- Working closely and collaboratively with the SREDA team to recognize, define and execute internal and external communication opportunities
- Other duties as assigned by the Director, Business Development or CEO.
Qualifications and Skills
- Post-secondary education in business or related discipline
- 3-5 years’ experience in economic development
- Must possess strong Indigenous cultural awareness, including:
- a demonstrated commitment to the values of reconciliation
- honouring Indigenous voices
- well established networks and relationships within the Indigenous communities
- ability to work with and honour elders and knowledge keepers
- Experience working with Indigenous groups and a strong understanding of Indigenous interests and rights
- Knowledge of economic development methodologies
- Exhibits a high degree of initiative and creativity; driven to create epiconic work
- Ability to effectively communicate both in oral and written form
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail, with proven ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and teamwork skills is critical
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their application to: email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed upon submission and qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Applications must be received no later than Tuesday, March 9, 2021.
What We Do
SREDA offers a range of programs to help attract and grow business in Saskatoon.
The latest news and updates on SREDA, the Saskatoon Region, economic development projects, events and more.