Applications are now closed.
SREDA’s SOAR program provides grants of up to $5,000 to promising Indigenous small business owners launching or growing their business in the Saskatoon Region. SOAR is delivered in partnership with the Greater Saskatoon Chamber of Commerce who will provide networking and advisory support to SOAR participants.
The program is intended to accelerate the business development of feasible ideas while supporting the growth of the founding entrepreneurs. SOAR 2020 will be awarded to three businesses that demonstrate originality, strong market potential and impact on the Saskatoon Region economy.
- $5,000 grant for up to three applicants
- Opportunity to participate in SREDA’s Learning Together Mentoring Program
- 2021 Chamber membership
- Opportunity to be profiled in the Chamber’s Business Voice Magazine
- Networking opportunities through complimentary tickets to 2021 SREDA and Chamber events.
- For-profit Indigenous entrepreneurs located in the Saskatoon Region
- Businesses must be in operation for five years or less
- Businesses must be independently owned, operated and created by an Indigenous entrepreneur
- Businesses must meet, or in the process of meeting, all regulatory requirements by law
1. Application Round
Complete and submit the application. Application deadline: Thursday, December 3, 2020
2. Strategy Round – December 14-18, 2020
The top five applicants will be selected using a 15-point scoring evaluation. These top Indigenous entrepreneurs will participate in one-on-one strategy development sessions with external business strategists and leaders. The strategists will advise and evaluate both the business concept/model and the entrepreneur. Entrepreneurs will be ranked using a scoring matrix.
3. Pitch Round – December 21, 2020
These top five finalists will pitch their business concept to a panel of judges consisting of representatives from the SREDA Indigenous Committee and the Chamber’s Indigenous Economic Growth Committee. Three grant recipients will be chosen with the help of a scoring matrix.
Business in Saskatoon
Saskatoon’s mix of economic diversity, low business costs and high quality of life make it the perfect place for businesses and people to thrive.
Saskatoon is home to the natural resources that feed, fuel and fertilize the world, as well as the innovations that surround these industries.