SREDA’s SOAR kihiw paskîyâkêwin Indigenous Entrepreneurship Competition sponsored by PIC Group awards a total of $30,000 cash to promising Indigenous businesses ready to grow. Get your business to the next level and sharpen your entrepreneurial skills through coaching sessions before a final competition pitching to local experts.
Tickets are now on-sale for the SOAR Pitch Finale!
- Business located in the Saskatoon Region
- At least 51% Indigenous-owned
- Independently owned, operated and created by the entrepreneur
- Age 18+
- 1 – 10 employees
- Business must be in operation for 2 years or more
- Must meet or be in the process of meeting all regulatory requirements by law
- Proof of Ancestry is required
- Businesses that have received cash prizes from the SOAR program in the past, are not eligible.
1. Application Round
2. Coaching Round
The top 15 entrepreneurs chosen from the application round will participate in one-on-one coaching sessions with local business experts specializing in finance, legal, marketing, business strategy and entrepreneurship. The experts will guide and advise both the business and the entrepreneur.
3. Finale Pitch
The top five entrepreneurs chosen from the coaching round will pitch their business to a panel of judges at the SOAR kihiw paskîyâkêwin Indigenous Entrepreneurship Competition Finale on April 21. The judges will then choose which entrepreneur(s) are awarded the cash prize.
Applications Open – February 8, 2022
Applications Close – March 1, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
Coaching Sessions – March 30, 2022
Finale Pitch Competition – April 21, 2022
Thank you to our 2022 SOAR sponsors!
Business in Saskatoon
Saskatoon’s mix of economic diversity, low business costs and high quality of life make it the perfect place for businesses and people to thrive.
Saskatoon is home to the natural resources that feed, fuel and fertilize the world, as well as the innovations that surround these industries.