2023 APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED.
The Mining Technology EXPLORE Program connects emerging technology solutions to the Saskatchewan mining industry.
Saskatoon and Saskatchewan have a long history of excellence in mining innovation and technology, and the province has recently been designated an ideal location for next-generation resource industries like rare earth elements.
Through this program, SREDA provides financial support to companies with technologies that are applicable to the mining industry. This program supports companies in their travel and provides connections to mining industry leaders.
- Opportunity to highlight your technology to the Saskatchewan mining industry at the 2023 Saskatchewan Mining Supply Chain Forum.
- Network with industry leaders and explore business opportunities in Saskatchewan.
- Financial compensation of up to $3,000 CAD is provided to each winner following their participation in the EXPLORE program and trip to the Saskatoon Region.
- An interest in establishing a business presence in the Saskatoon Region.
- Technology must be applicable to the Saskatchewan mining industry (see industry fact sheet).
- Business must be located outside of Saskatchewan.
- Business must have under 25 employees.
- Preference will be given to:
- First-time visitors to the Saskatoon Region.
- Businesses with emerging technologies in critical minerals, potash, and uranium.
- Businesses with innovations that address the Saskatchewan mining industry needs as outlined by iMii DEMOday. Businesses are also encouraged to apply to DEMOday 2023.
Applications open: January 19, 2023
Applications close: February 23, 2023 at 4 p.m. CST
Travel dates: April 17-21, 2023
Saskatchewan Mining Supply Chain Forum: April 18-19, 2023
- 6th Wave Innovations Corp (United States)
- Vayeron (Australia)
- RockMass Technologies (Ontario)
- YOY Simulators (Chile)
- IVD Mining (Chile)
- Petrolab/iMin (United Kingdom/Australia)
- Winspect (Austria)
- FREDsense Technologies (Alberta)
Business in Saskatoon
Saskatoon’s mix of economic diversity, low business costs and high quality of life make it the perfect place for businesses and people to thrive.
Saskatoon is home to the natural resources that feed, fuel and fertilize the world, as well as the innovations that surround these industries.