The SREDA Love Local Box is back! …but with a twist
Feature your product in this year’s Love Local Box and expand your market reach! The Love Local Box, curated by SREDA, contains around 10 items from local makers and is sent out in December to local community leaders and businesses.
In 2020, the Love Local Box was shared with 100 community leaders and reached over 140,000 people on social media!
Earn your spot in this year’s box through the Love Local Box Academy, a boot camp for home-based micro businesses looking to grow and access new local customers. The Love Local Box Academy is delivered in partnership with SaskMade Marketplace, Joyne and Hen & Chick Studios. Learn from industry experts and strengthen your business over this comprehensive 8-week course.
The Love Local Box Academy will start on July 7 and continue until August 25. The weekly sessions will occur on Wednesdays from 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Topics covered include:
- Business Plan Development and Set-Up
- Legal Considerations
- Finance & Bookkeeping
- Product Manufacturing (Processing & Supplies)
- Product Manufacturing (Packaging & Labeling)
- Distribution Channels
- Marketing, Branding & Social Media
- Employees (Hiring & Engagement)
Upon graduation, you’ll be invited to include your products in the 2021 Love Local Box, which will be sent to hundreds of people across the Region. Plus, the 2021 Love Local Box will be available for businesses to purchase as corporate gifts! Keep an eye out in our SREDA NewsFlash to be first to hear when corporate gift purchasing opens.
- Have your product showcased in SREDA Love Local Box
- Learn how to elevate your business from local experts
- Create connections with the local business community
- Increase your local brand awareness
- Have your product featured in the SaskMade Marketplace, Joyne or Hen & Chick Studio
- Located in Saskatoon Region
- Primary producer of the product
- Home-based business
- Must have or be eligible for a municipal business license
- Up to 4 employees
- Product must be smaller than 10” L x 13” W x 4” D
A home-based micro business is within a person’s primary place of residence, which employs one to four employees, including the owners.
Business in Saskatoon
Saskatoon’s mix of economic diversity, low business costs and high quality of life make it the perfect place for businesses and people to thrive.
Saskatoon is home to the natural resources that feed, fuel and fertilize the world, as well as the innovations that surround these industries.