SREDA is committed to taking action to address the Truth & Reconciliation Commission’s Calls to Action, specifically Call to Action 92. To this end, SREDA has developed its Learning Together Knowledge Sharing Program.
Learning Together connects SREDA employees and business leaders with Indigenous post-secondary students in the Saskatoon Region. This program creates opportunities for Indigenous students to access industry experts in their specific field of study/interest in a supportive, informal learning environment.
SREDA employees and business leaders will dedicate time each month to mentoring students, helping them build valuable practical skills and offering opportunities to network in the Saskatoon Region business community.
- Connect with a mentor that has expertise in your areas of interest
- Build experience and enhance opportunities for employment
- Connect with other business leaders via networking opportunities and events (Your mentor can introduce and help you with this)
- Learn in a self-paced, informal environment
- Help young Indigenous leaders fulfill their potential by connecting them to your network
- Access training on Indigenous history and reconciliation
- Learn from Indigenous students on how to create inclusive employment opportunities that suit their needs
We are accepting applications from mentors and mentees on an ongoing basis, so apply today!
- Part-time or full-time student
- Attending one of the following post-secondary institutes: University of Saskatchewan, Saskatchewan Polytechnic, The First Nations University of Canada, Gabriel Dumont Institute Training and Employment, Saskatchewan Indian Institute of Technologies or Great Plains College
- Self-identify as Indigenous
- Be willing to donate a minimum of two hours per month to mentorship duties
- Complete training on Indigenous history and reconciliation
Business in Saskatoon
Saskatoon’s mix of economic diversity, low business costs and high quality of life make it the perfect place for businesses and people to thrive.
Saskatoon is home to the natural resources that feed, fuel and fertilize the world, as well as the innovations that surround these industries.