The SREDA Go Money program provides grants of up to $5,000 to promising small business owners launching fresh ideas. The program will accelerate the development of viable business ideas as well as support founding entrepreneurs’ growth through an ongoing coaching relationship with SREDA’s business development team.
Go Money will be awarded to businesses that demonstrate originality, strong market potential and impact on the Saskatoon Region economy.
- Your business must be located in the Saskatoon Region
- Your business must be for-profit
- Your business must be in operation for 2 years or less (as of June 19, 2020)
- Your business must be created and owned by you; no corporate chains or franchises
- Your business must fulfill, or be in the process of fulfilling, all industry and regulatory requirements expected by law:
- Saskatchewan Provincial registration or incorporation
- Municipal business license
- Industry licenses or permits
- Tax accounts and payments
Before you apply, please note:
- One application per business. Applications must be completed and submitted by the owner(s). Individuals may not include their name on more than one application.
- Preference will be given to businesses that, in the opinion of the review team, are more likely to succeed and add value to the local economy in the future.
- Failure to meet all eligibility criteria will lead to an immediate disqualification.
- Approved applicants will be required to complete a post-funding survey.
- Application deadline is July 20, 2020 at midnight. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
How to Apply
1. Review eligibility to ensure your business is suitable for this program.
2. Download and complete the following Budget Snapshot template.
3. Complete and submit the SREDA Go Money application. The application includes a required area to upload your Budget Snapshot.
*Important: Due to Survey Monkey maintenance, the application form will not be available Friday, July 3 from 9:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
1. Application Round
Complete and submit the application consisting of: online application and budget snapshot. If your application demonstrates your idea’s viability and your commitment to it as an entrepreneur, you will be invited to participate in a Strategy Round (max. 20 spots).
2. Strategy Round
Get your business model and plan evaluated by a committee of the Saskatoon Region’s brightest business leaders in a private strategy session. SREDA will put together committees of start-up strategists, each assigned to evaluate entrepreneurs and business models. Your strategy session committee will rank you and the top applicants will advance to the final round, the Pitch Round (max. 5 spots).
3. Pitch Round
Pitch your business to a panel from the SREDA Board of Directors who will select the three SREDA Go Money grant recipients.
Business in Saskatoon
Saskatoon’s mix of economic diversity, low business costs and high quality of life make it the perfect place for businesses and people to thrive.
Saskatoon is home to the natural resources that feed, fuel and fertilize the world, as well as the innovations that surround these industries.