Saskatoon Regional Economic Development Authority (SREDA) invites qualified consultants to submit proposals for conducting a comprehensive industry competitiveness report focused on Saskatchewan’s Life Sciences sector. The primary objective of this study is to gain a deep understanding of the sector’s value proposition and competitiveness to enhance our efforts in attracting businesses to Saskatchewan, while highlighting the regional advantage in Saskatoon.
II. Project Overview
Saskatchewan’s Life Sciences sector is positioned for substantial growth, with a rich ecosystem of research and development organizations such as the Canadian Light Source, Global Institute for Food Security, Saskatchewan Research Council, VIDO, and Saskatchewan Structural Sciences Centre, among others. Leveraging these critical facilities and services is crucial to our strategic efforts.
III. Scope of Work
The selected consultant will be responsible for delivering a comprehensive report that includes, but is not limited to, the following components:
1. Overview of Saskatchewan’s Life Sciences Sector:
- Provide an in-depth analysis of the current state of the Life Sciences sector in Saskatchewan, including GDP, key players, research areas, and trends.
2. Leveraging Existing Strengths & Emerging Opportunities:
- Identify potential companies, subsidiaries and business areas (e.g., pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, etc.) that offer a strong value proposition for Saskatchewan.
- Assess emerging opportunities within the sector.
3. Competitive Assessment:
- Analyze investment attraction trends in the Life Sciences sector.
- Examine recent private sector investments in value-added processing and manufacturing in other jurisdictions.
- Perform a comparative analysis of Saskatchewan’s competitiveness within the sector.
4. Identification of Saskatchewan’s Value Proposition:
- Clearly define and articulate the unique value proposition of Saskatchewan as a destination for Life Sciences businesses.
IV. Proposal Submission Requirements
- Interested consultants must submit their proposals by December 8, 2023.
- Proposals should include a detailed project plan, methodology, timeline, and budget.
- Consultants are encouraged to highlight relevant experience and expertise in conducting similar studies.
V. Evaluation Criteria
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated expertise in economic research and industry competitiveness analysis.
- Experience working in the Life Sciences sector or related industries.
- Clarity and feasibility of the proposed project plan.
- Competitive pricing.
- Proposal Submission Deadline: December 8, 2023
- Selection of Consultant: December 12, 2023
- Project Commencement: December 13, 2023
- Project Completion: February 29, 2024
VII. How to Submit Proposals
For any inquiries or clarifications, please contact Tyler Nguyen at email@example.com.
Please submit your proposals in electronic format to Sarah Wolensky, firstname.lastname@example.org by the submission deadline.
All submitted proposals will be treated as confidential and used solely for the purpose of selecting a consultant for this project.
IX. Reservation of Rights
SREDA reserves the right to reject any or all proposals and to waive any irregularities in the proposal process.