There are a number of reasons to invest in Canada, Saskatchewan and the Saskatoon Region. Canada is known for its banking stability and possessing the key economic fundamentals for investment; Saskatchewan is known for its rich and diverse natural resources and value-added industries; and the Saskatoon Region continues to lead the world as one of the fastest and diverse economies in North America. The time to invest in the Saskatoon Region, the Province of Saskatchewan and the Country of Canada is now.
Achieving Growth Together with you, our Investors
Thank you for your financial contribution to the Saskatoon Regional Economic Development Authority.
As a Private Sector Investor, you will help us deliver on high-impact initiatives that contribute to the long-term growth and diversity of our economy. At SREDA we believe in the tremendous economic potential of the Saskatoon Region, and we are committed to translating that potential into reality. Private sector investment is vital to achieve this goal.
SREDA is a nimble, proactive organization that can effectively help build the economy. Your financial support as an investor helps SREDA advance economic development in the Saskatoon Region and provides resources to promote it as the best place to live, play, invest, and prosper.
I would like to share with you some changes that have been made:
- The Private Sector Investment levels and benefitshave been adjusted to enhance our benefit offerings and better reflect the increased costs of economic development projects.
- There are now four investment levels (Board of Governors, Equity Partners, Corporate Leaders, Investment Partners) instead of six.
- The basic membership will now start at $1,000 instead of $500.
SREDA remains committed to working closely with businesses and municipalities to grow the economy of the Saskatoon Region, and we need your support more than ever to do that.
What we do for business:
Attraction: We work to attract new business, investment, and people
- In early 2013 SREDA will be launching a new web based portal called Saskatoon Living. Stay tuned for more information coming soon!
Retention: We actively work on issues that affect businesses and regional communities
- SREDA has been actively working with stakeholders including the Government of Saskatchewan who are working towards the creation of a new Angel Tax Credit that could potentially benefit start-up companies requiring capital.
Expansion: We co-ordinate resources with other organizations to maximize opportunities
- Supply Chain Analysis – Phase I was completed in 2012 and was done in partnership with SpringBoard Innovations Inc. We are excited to move into Phase II in the coming year!
Research: We produce research reports, sector profiles, economic indicators, and specialized research for the Saskatoon business community
- New for 2013 will be key research compiled in order to create an Economic Map for the Saskatoon Region.
If you would like to find out more about any of the above projects or work being done by SREDA, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Again, thank you.
President and Chief Executive Officer